Light, refreshing, and perfect for a summer lunch. These veggie loaded Mediterranean hummus wraps taste like a Greek salad in handheld form.
These quick and healthy Mediterranean hummus wraps are one of my favorite meals.
I love serving them for an easy and flavorful vegetarian lunch. They do not need any cooking and are quick to make.
These babies are super healthy but far from boring! The hummus, feta, and olives give them an explosion of garlicky and briny flavor. And they are loaded to the brim with fresh veggies.
This recipe calls for enough filling to make 6 wraps. It will use up an entire pack of the Mission brand wraps. You can definitely make these 1 or 2 at a time. Only make as many as you intend to eat in a sitting.
They will get soggy after more than a few hours in the fridge. You can prep the ingredients ahead of time. Then, make each wrap the day you plan to eat it.
You will love making these veggie wraps for easy weekday lunches.
They would also be perfect poolside with a strawberry daiquiri! Or a mocktail. 🙂
Try them. You’ll be craving them all summer long.
Ingredients for hummus and veggie wraps
Burrito Sized Tortilla Wraps I love using the Mission Garden Spinach Wraps. Any large tortilla will work. Make sure to use one that is for wraps or burritos. It needs to be at least 10 inches to hold the filling.
Hummus provides the backbone of the recipe. You can use store bought or homemade. My classic hummus is perfect for these.
Cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and lettuce give it lots of fresh flavor and crunch. Any crunchy lettuce will do. I like using green leaf, romaine, or butter lettuce.
Feta Cheese adds rich, creamy, and salty flavors.
Kalamata olives bring a rich and briny flavor explosion.
How to assemble the wraps
- Prepare all ingredients before you start rolling the wraps.
- Spread ¼ cup of hummus on a tortilla. Make sure to leave a 1-inch margin around the tortilla.
- Lay a few slices of tomato, cucumber, and onion in lines down the center.
- Add 8 kalamata halves and 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with 2 leaves of lettuce.
- Turn the tortilla so that the rows are veggies are horizontal. This will make sure that the ingredients are even once its rolled. Fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling.
- Roll it like a burrito. Tuck in the ingredients as you go.
- Turn it seam side down and cut it in half.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! Leave out the feta or swap it for a vegan feta substitute.
Easy! Swap the tortilla for a large gluten-free wrap.
You can make these in the morning to have for lunch. They are best served the day they are made. The wraps will get soggy after a while. You can prepare all the ingredients ahead of time. This will make assembly much faster.
How to serve the wraps
- Take them over the top by dipping them in this tahini sauce.
- For a light summer meal, pair them with fresh watermelon slices or tzatziki dip and pita wedges.
- Serve them with a side of tahini kale salad or this veggie-packed pasta salad.
- Finish off the meal with a cheesecake stuffed strawberry!
Did you try these Mediterranean hummus wraps? Let me know in the comments!
Sign up below for email updates and don’t forget to check your inbox to confirm your subscription!