This is my version of the famous Everything Bagel Seasoning. It is completely addictive. I love how it adds a perfect little savory, salty crunch to everything.
I’m out in the boonies and over 2 hours from Trader Joe’s, so I like to whip this up at home. It only takes a couple of minutes and 6 ingredients. I did a little reverse engineering, and after a few tests, I got the perfect proportions of seeds, spices, and salt.
This stuff is so quick and easy to whip up. No cooking. No special equipment. You will need measuring spoons, a bowl, and an airtight container. Winner winner chicken dinner.
It would be delicious on a chicken dinner….
There are so many uses for this mix. I love that it is gluten-free and low-carb. It adds so much flavor and comes in handy when entertaining folks following a special diet.
Only 6 simple ingredients! I do not recommend substituting anything here. The relative size of each ingredient keeps everything mixed together. Combining the seeds, spices, and salt gives it the perfect crunchy texture. Do not use powdered garlic or onion here. Minced is a must!
I’m able to find all the ingredients except the flaky salt in a very rural area. The sea salt flakes give the best texture. They are absolutely worth ordering online!
How to make your own everything bagel seasoning
Mix the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
I like to store this in a small jar. An empty spice jar also works great!
Ideas for using everything bagel seasoning
There are so many ways to use this DIY everything bagel seasoning. Anything involving cream cheese is a win! Here are some of my favorite ways to use it!
- Make Hot Ham & Cheese Sliders or Turkey Cranberry Sliders.
- As a topping for hummus
- Sprinkled on top of ramen
- Make smoked salmon canapes or avocado crostini
- On toast with avocado or cream cheese
- Sprinkle on homemade bread or pizza dough before baking
- Sprinkled over salads
- Spread cream cheese on celery sticks and sprinkle it on top
- Sprinkle it on a bagel with scallion cream cheese. Add extra crunch and flavor to an everything bagel, or use it to give that everything bagel flavor to a plain bagel
- On hard-boiled or fried eggs
- Sprinkled on grilled chicken or salmon- season the meat or fish with it before grilling
- Use it as a popcorn topping
- Put it on baked potatoes
- Sprinkled over smoked salmon or trout dip
- Mix it with olive oil & balsamic vinegar for a fancy bread dip