These cute heart-shaped Rice Krispies Valentine Treats only need 5 ingredients. Dip them in white chocolate and decorate them with pink and red Valentine’s sprinkles. These sweet little treats are a perfect snack, dessert, or Valentine’s treat!
Classic Rice Krispies treats cut into hearts and decorated for Valentine’s Day. We’re using the basic crispy rice treats recipe as a base. Then, get creative to turn them into special Valentine’s treats. These make the perfect heart-shaped Valentine’s treats. Dip them in melted white chocolate. And let the kids decorate them with red, white, pink, and heart-shaped sprinkles. Or, make them yourself to surprise your Valentine.
They are a perfect treat for your Valentine. You can serve them as a special lunch box treat, an after-school snack, or dessert. They aren’t just for kids. Grown-ups also love them! They are so fun and nostalgic.
Keep reading for step-by-step photos to help you make these adorable heart-shaped treats. Check out the printable recipe card for exact quantities and instructions.
- Butter and marshmallows create a sticky base to bind these treats together. Make sure that the marshmallows are fresh. Stale marshmallows will ruin the texture.
- Crispy rice cereal gives the body and crunch to these classic treats. Any brand will do. Make sure that the cereal is fresh. Using stale cereal will ruin the texture!
- Use white chocolate or classic white baking chips to cover and decorate them.
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles are so cute and festive to decorate these Valentines.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the treats into perfect hearts.
- Use melted milk chocolate chips instead of white.
- Skip the decorating and make simple Rice Krispies hearts.
You’ll need a 9×13 baking dish, a silicone spatula, a baking sheet, parchment paper, a large saucepan, a wooden spoon, and a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
How to Make Rice Krispies Valentine Treats
Melt the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Then, add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the crispy rice cereal.
Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray and rub a spatula with butter. Use the buttered spatula to spread the cereal mixture into the dish. Press it down evenly. Then, let it cool slightly and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out hears.
Place the hearts on a parchment lined baking sheet. Then, place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave them 20 seconds, then stir them. Repeat until melted.
Now, dip the hearts into the chocolate and place them back on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Decorate them with the Valentines sprinkles while the chocolate is still soft.
Or, leave the hearts on the parchment and drizzle them with chocolate. Then, add the sprinkles.
Place the baking sheet in the fridge for about 20 minutes to harden the coating. Then, remove from the fridge and serve.
Storing Heart-Shaped Rice Krispies Treats
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature and consume within 2 days.
- To give as Valentines, package them individually in sealed bags.
Serving Rice Krispies Valentine Treats
- Make them for a Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s Day Party.
- Pack them as a Valentine’s Day lunchbox treat.
- Serve them as a special snack. They make a perfect after-school snack for your Valentine.
- Individually package them and hand out them as heart-shaped Valentines.
- Serve them for dessert.
More Individual Dessert Recipes
More Valentines Recipes
Check out these other fun Valentine’s Day Recipes!
Did you love these Rice Krispies Valentine Treats? You can use the stars in the recipe card to give them a 5-star review!Print
Rice Krispies Valentine Treats
Cute Rice Krispies Valentine Treats with 5 ingredients. An easy recipe for decorated heart-shaped cut-outs with white chocolate and sprinkles.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 14 treats 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounce bag of marshmallows (40 regular-sized or 5 1/2 cups of mini)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 12-ounce bag of white chocolate chips
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- heart-shaped Cookie Cutter
- First, prepare your dish and baking sheet: Coat a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Then, coat a silicone spatula with butter and rest it inside the oiled pan. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Then, add the marshmallows and stir until they have completely dissolved.
- Remove the marshmallow mixture from the heat and stir in the crispy rice cereal.
- Use the buttered spatula to press the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Spray your heart-shaped cookie cutter with cooking spray. Then, use it to cut out heart-shaped Rice Krispies Valentine Treats. Place the heart cut-outs on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Add the melting chips to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave them for 20 seconds, stir, and repeat until melted.
- Once at a time, dip the hearts in the melted white chocolate and return them to the parchment-lined sheet pan. Or, leave them on the pan and drizzle them with melted chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still soft, decorate the hearts with Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
- Place the pan in the fridge for 20 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Remove from the refrigerator and serve.
Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container. Best if served within 2 days.
Keywords: heart-shaped treats