This apple cider bourbon cocktail is the perfect fall cocktail. Fresh-pressed apple cider mixed with smooth Kentucky bourbon, sweet and spicy apple butter, a pinch of brown sugar, and a squeeze of lemon. It’s cozy, delicious, ridiculously smooth, and brings all the fall vibes. Plus, it’s quick and easy!
My husband came home raving about a Butter Bourbon he had at The Crown Brasstown. I knew I had to play around with recreating something at home!
We already had all the ingredients on hand. Bourbon? Check! Apple cider. Oh yes, all fall long! Apple butter? Always!
We’ll be drinking these all fall while the fresh-pressed apple cider is flowing!
Ingredients for an apple cider bourbon cocktail
- Kentucky bourbon is smooth and sweet with a hint of oak flavor from the barrel aging. It is excellent paired with crisp and tart apples for a perfect fall cocktail.
- Use fresh pressed apple cider, preferably from a local farm. The quality can’t be beat! Apple cider is sweet, crisp, and slightly tart. It makes this mixed drink as refreshing as it is cozy!
- A spoonful of apple butter is sweet, smooth, tangy, and full of warming spices like cinnamon. It makes this drink smooth and delicious without making it too sweet.
- Just a pinch of brown sugar to add a touch more sweetness and caramel notes.
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice adds a bright and citrusy pop to the cocktail without overwhelming it.
- A cherry for garnish. We’re partial to whiskey-soaked cherries like these from Junction 35. You can also use a regular maraschino cherry or a Luxardo cherry.
- Ice for the initial chilling and for serving the cocktail on the rocks.
- Use apple juice. Can’t find fresh pressed apple cider? Use apple juice instead. Use the best quality apple juice you can find. Make sure it’s 100% apple juice!
- Change up the whiskey. Bourbon, not your cuppa tea? Substitute your favorite whiskey!
- Skip the bourbon and double the amount of apple cider for a virgin apple cider mocktail.
How to make an apple cider bourbon cocktail
Add a couple handfuls of ice to a cocktail mixing glass or a jar. Add the bourbon, apple cider, apple butter, and brown sugar. Then squeeze in the lemon juice.
Now, stir it vigorously. This will make sure everything is well mixed and will chill the cocktail. Once it’s stirred, strain it into a rocks glass filled with ice. If you don’t have a cocktail strainer, you can just pour it straight in.
Garnish with your favorite cherry and drink up!
Try more of my cocktail recipes
- Apple Cider Martini
- Watermelon Whiskey Sour
- Pina Colada with Fresh Pineapple
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris
- Rum Punch
Cheers! Don’t forget to tag @mandiofthemountains on Instagram with your apple bourbon cocktail creations!Print