This 3 ingredient watermelon and pineapple smoothie is a refreshing blended summer drink. It’s quick and delicious. The addition of coconut water makes it ultra-hydrating. The perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day!
This refreshing fruit smoothie is bursting with tropical flavors. Cooling, hydrating, healthy. Perfect light and healthy summer smoothie. The best time to enjoy a watermelon pineapple smoothie is late summer. When the weather is hot and sweet, juicy watermelons are abundant.
Under 100 calories, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and naturally sweet with no added sugars. A nice burst of vitamins. Nutritional content is available in the recipe card.
Melon smoothie ingredients
Only 3 ingredients! For best results, start with cold ingredients. Use frozen pineapple. Chill the watermelon and coconut water.
These are the best ingredients for a delicious and refreshing watermelon smoothie.
Fresh watermelon cubes are the backbone of this smoothie. Start with chilled chunks of melon. I have a tutorial to help you break a watermelon down into cubes. It’s super easy! If you’re looking to use up pre-cut watermelon slices, you can cut the rinds off and use them.
Unsweetened frozen pineapple chunks. Buy a bag in the freezer aisle, or make your own by cutting up a pineapple and freezing it. Check out the instructions in my pina colada recipe if you need help cutting a pineapple.
Use chilled, unsweetened coconut water. I like Vita Coco. I swear, this stuff is life-giving. It boosts the tropical flavor and provides liquid for blending the pineapple. It also adds extra nutrients and is very hydrating.
Add an optional citrus twist! Add a tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice and garnish with a lime wedge.
How to make a watermelon pineapple smoothie
- Prepare your ingredients. Make sure everything stays cold!
- Add them to a blender with the watermelon closest to the blade. Crushing the watermelon first will add liquid for blending the pineapple.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled glass and enjoy!
How to serve a watermelon pineapple smoothie
- I love serving these as a healthy drink at breakfast. Each smoothie contains 1 ½ cups of fresh fruit and provides a natural sweetness! My 1-year-old and my picky toddler both love them!
- It makes a perfect afternoon or after-school snack.
- It’s the perfect way to hydrate and cool down after a run or a workout at the gym.
- They make a great mocktail for parties and BBQs! Use the instructions for making a pitcher and serve them to a crowd!
- Serve them at a baby shower. The mama-to-be will be so grateful!
- Speaking of mamas-to-be, these make an ultimate pregnancy snack! They will cool you down, hydrate you, and provide nutrients to you and that sweet little bun in the oven!
Are you looking for more watermelon inspiration?
Other Fun Drinks
Did you try this easy melon smoothie? Comment below to let me know!
Sign up below for email updates and don’t forget to check your inbox to confirm your subscription!